Bartender - Hotel Chimayo
BASIC FUNCTION: The Bartender will prepare beverages for the lounge, bar, restaurant and in-room dining when necessary. As the Bartender they will be required to make sure all prep, infusions and mixes are made daily/weekly, all drinks are made according to recipe.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Five years bartending experience.
- One year fine dining or high-end resort experience.
- Extensive liquor, beer, wine and mixology knowledge.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Pleasant and helpful personality.
- v Ability to effectively identify and manage constantly shifting priorities.
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be legal age to sell/serve Alcohol and become Alcohol Certified in the State of New MexicoESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Compose and be knowledgeable of standard drinks, liquors or wines specific to restaurant bar.
- Maintain par levels for bar inventory. Prepare daily orders for bar items to maintain pars.
- Responsible for cash handling and bank procedures as outlined by the Accounting Department.
- Assist in inventory of beverage and supplies on a daily, weekly or monthly basis or as deemed necessary by the Director of Restaurants, Bar Manager or Assistant Restaurant Manager.
- Responsible for learning suggestive selling techniques and using them during services.
- Maintain cleanliness of all workplace areas that apply to the bar and lounge.
- Maintain perfectly crisp uniform.
- Adhere to the policies of the Hotel and Outlets as set forth in the Employee Handbook and report any observed violations to immediate supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Attend any and all mandatory F&B training sessions or meetings deemed necessary by direct reports.
- Attendance and service of special events, holiday brunches and restaurant buyouts.
- Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Greet guests as they enter restaurant or lounge and acknowledge their departure.
- Deliver cocktails to tables as needed.
- Assist in other Food and Beverage departments as needed.
Pay: from $7.35/hour
Job Status: Full Time, Part Time