The Eldorado Hotel & Spa is recruiting for the exciting position of Wedding and Catering Manager. We are looking for a dynamic seller with a passion for wedding and events, both in the selling capacity and in the event coordination process.
Increase wedding and catering revenue booked at the property while staying within budget.
- Actively sell and solicit wedding/catering business for the hotel through a variety of selling resources and lead generation sources.
- Collaborate with the culinary department to create menus/develop packages.
- Be involved with local businesses to include chamber of commerce, CVB, and wedding/catering vendors to develop and grow relationship and market the hotel to clients.
- Update menus, themes, and décor to stay relevant and maintain competitive edge.
- Provide Resumes for all groups detailing event and sharing with other departments.
- Proactively follow-up with contacts for upcoming functions on a continuous basis.
- Generate and communicate banquet event orders to operations departments.
- Work closely with all department managers to create excellent communication and understanding of event execution, requirements and intradepartmental coordination.
- Coordinate details for events/groups, which include food & beverage, entertainment, audio- visual, set-up and meeting space requirements, set-up, decor, florists, bakery, etc.
- Work with the restaurant and banquet managers to ensure event set-up and service meets Heritage Hotel & Resorts standards.
- Follow up on all events with contact after event has taken place and create an event summary for all meetings and events.
- Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.