Special Events Manager
Sophisticated and state-of-the-art, Hotel Albuquerque offers a flexible and elegant array of Albuquerque wedding venues and reception spaces. Outdoor, small or grand- Hotel Albuquerque is your ideal wedding reception location.
- Solicit new wedding business
- Set up and maintain filing, trace, and communication systems, and follow up procedures in line with established guidelines
- Conduct wedding sites
- Timely response to wedding leads and client questions
- Coordinating and communicating all details leading up to and delivery of the event
- Coordinating, confirming, and communicating all details regarding outside vendors to relevant parties
- Issue/execute contracts
- Detail and update all wedding BEO’s
- Responsible for meeting / exceeding sales goals
- Works with food and beverage staff to develop programs, menus and events to increase profit and guest satisfaction
- Responsible for advising on and creating floor plans
- Be knowledgeable of current wedding trends and vendor information
- Maintain effective communication with Banquet Team.
- Schedule and conduct all menu tastings
- Schedule and conduct all wedding pre-cons
- Conduct Vendor Sites
- Send Client feedback forms post wedding
- Confirm Wedding Room Blocks
- Provide Director of Catering with established activity reports.
A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment
Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
Extreme attention to detail.
Creative problem solving and sound decision making abilities.
Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the English language.
Must be energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated
Results oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well in a busy and demanding environment
Should be aware of current market trends and local competitors
Adaptable, flexible, reacts and adjusts to last minute requests in a positive manner.
Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Delphi.
University/College an asset; Bachelor’s Degree or Hotel Management preferred
Certified Wedding Planner Certificate preferred
Previous sales experience preferred
2-3 years events experience required.
Job Status: Full Time