Server (Hotel St. Francis)
BASIC FUNCTION: The Server is responsible for providing prompt, courteous and knowledgeable service for the guest.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years restaurant experience.
- High volume experience.
- Fine Dining experience.
- Alcohol Server Certification in the state of New Mexico
- Extensive food and service knowledge.
- Extensive wine and beverage knowledge.
- Pleasant personality.
- Excellent communication skills.
v Ability to multi-task
v Ability to effectively identify and manage constantly shifting priorities.
- Interact with guests to take drink and food orders.
- Communicate with kitchen for food ordering.
- Ensure prompt delivery of food to the guest’s table.
- Have working knowledge of liquor, beer, wine and food that is served at the property. Suggest pairings of food to wine or beer.
- Handle all checks and cash according to procedures.
- Ensure cleanliness of restaurant including polished flatware, clean glassware and plates.
- Be familiar with all property amenities, services and services in proximity to the restaurant.
- Attend any and all mandatory F&B training sessions or meetings deemed necessary by direct reports.
- Adhere to the policies of the Hotel and Outlets as set forth in the Employee Handbook and report any observed violations to immediate supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Will perform additional duties as requested by the Executive Chef, Chef de Cuisine, Bar Manager, Assistant Manager or Director of Restaurant Operations.
- Attendance and service of special events, holiday brunches and restaurant buyouts.
- Assist in other areas of F&B including IRD to include delivery of IRD orders, Lounge food and drinks and assistance of clearing tables.
- Greet guests as they enter restaurant or lounge and acknowledge their departure.
Pay: from $5/hour
Job Status: Full Time