A place of unique history and Southwest elegance, the sophisticated hacienda style of our Albuquerque, New Mexico meeting rooms offers flexible event space. We tailor to a wide variety of special occasions, corporate meetings and conferences. Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town is seeking a Sales Manager.
The Sales Manager is responsible for generating group business (minimum of 10 rooms per night and/or meeting space) from all group market segments, maximization of sales, development of potential markets and sound administration of assigned responsibilities through sensible delegation and personal attention to detail. Job entails some transient sales solicitation and account development (no more than 25% of time) to increase production of existing special corporate/local corporate accounts.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Four years college degree or equivalent education/experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Outgoing and self-motivating individual with pleasant personality.
- Make personal visits, when necessary to target areas and call on company and association meeting planners located in a specific market or area.
- Book meetings, conferences and social guests from assigned areas.
- Dedicate majority of time to direct telephone sales.
- Rework and maintain old account files and solicit new accounts.
- Respond to all correspondence from assigned areas and trace dates for reworking and follow up.
- Set-up site inspections and follow through.
- Turn over contract and related paper trail to conference services to service once program is finalized.
- Attend trade shows pertinent to assigned areas and attend meetings, seminars and functions through membership in associations.
- Perform general office duties and work with sales coordinator, as required.
- Maintain a constant contact with Corporate and Association meeting planners; maintain membership and contacts in hotel industry associations.
- Maintain a working relationship with departments and coordinate with conference services.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, and make recommendations of changes which would affect operations.
- Maintain accurate forecast and recap information.
- Master the Newmarket Delphi software program for account management and document maintenance.
- Set-up and conduct site inspections and entertain, as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as requested by the DOSM/DOS.
- Practice safety standards and report unsafe conditions to supervisors.