Sales and Events Manager
El Monte Sagrado means "The Holy Mountain." The word "Sagrado" also means "sanctuary." Indeed, a stay at El Monte Sagrado Living Resort and Spa offers a luxurious and lush retreat.
El Monte Sagrado is a shining star in the Heritage Hotels & Resorts, Inc. constellation of hotels and resorts. Heritage Hotels & Resorts embodies the best that New Mexico has to offer: a timeless, rich blend of cultures. Native American, Mexican, Spanish, and the cultures of the American West are celebrated in beautiful spaces, alongside the indomitable spirit of the peoples, past and present, who have shaped our landscapes.
El Monte Sagrado is a AAA, Four-Diamond, Preferred luxury hotel, featuring a full-service spa, award-winning restaurant and lounge on 11 beautifully landscaped acres.
El Monte Sagrado is seeking a full-time, year-round Sales and Events Manager to sell and service events and guest rooms for wedding, social, and leisure groups. The ideal candidate will be an integral part of the El Monte team and be able to work a flexible schedule as group business dictates. Compensation commensurate with experience. This is an exciting opportunity for the consummate hospitality sales professional.
- Be fully versed with the intricacies of El Monte Sagrado in order to effectively sell and assign group event space and accommodations.
- Handle group inquiries, plan, coordinate, and execute all catering, wedding, and conference related activities and events; plan and conduct site tours.
- Be the primary liaison between the client and the staff of the property while focusing on the client’s expectations.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- 2 years’ experience in a hotel/conference center, preferably in sales, catering, banquets, culinary arts and/or conference services department - OR, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to identify client needs and build strong client relationships.
- Effective communication skills, and, strong computer and administrative skills.
- Ability to be self-directed to prospect for sales, draft sales contracts, and close sales.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace; We participate in Everify.
Job Status: Full Time