BASIC FUNCTION: The Reservation Agent will handle all incoming reservation calls with efficiency and professionalism, be able to make reservations, cancellations and answer questions on rates, hotel facilities, services and special promotions.
CORE COMPETENCIES: Communication, Phone Etiquette, Teamwork, Decision Making, Customer Service/Relations
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Pleasant speaking voice
- Bilingual preferred.
- Previous reservations and PBX experience.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must be able to type accurately (30 words per minute).
- Responsible for taking reservations and accurately inputting into the computer system.
- Answer inquiries of room rates, outlets and room locations.
- Interact with Group Rooms Coordinator on bookings.
- Activate “manual system” in the event of system downtime.
- Keep up to date with knowledge of phone system.
- Handle all guests’ special requests in a professional manner.
- Post advance deposits and keep accurate records of deposits.
- Complete all necessary projects by the assigned times. Complete documents as directed and to specifications.
- Ability to work flexible shifts
- Will be cross-trained and assist as needed in PBX and the Front Desk.
- Assist with mailings as needed.
Pay: from $12/hour
Job Status: Full Time