Come and work for one of the fastest growing and dynamic hotel brands in the Southwest! Heritage Hotels is looking for an experienced Housekeeping Supervisor that can bring their talents to our guests. Primary job functions are to supervise and inspect all Housekeeping associates on the shift. Must follow, enforce and direct all departmental and Heritage Hotel policies and procedures including sanitation and safety guidelines.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Assists in Housekeeping office duties when requested by supervisor.
- Rechecks rooms when necessary.
- Updates Housekeeping information on the computer system.
- Insures that Associates follow Heritage outlined procedures in cleaning rooms.
- Inspects rooms for status check.
- Places missing items in the rooms according to standards.
- Inspects all check out rooms cleaned by Room Attendants on designated floors. Releases rooms in the electronic telephone system ready to be rented.
- Inspects stay over rooms cleaned by Room Attendants.
- Performs and inspects Turn Down Service when provided.
- Directs, trains and corrects Housekeeping line associates according to established St. Francis/Heritage and/or Housekeeping procedures.
- Turns in Lost and Found items left in check out rooms as outlined in departmental procedures.
- Assists Housekeeping line associates when necessary.
- Reports maintenance or equipment problems to the Engineering staff. Writes work orders for maintenance problems when necessary.
- Responsible for correcting of all unacceptable job tasks not completed to standards.
- Reports to supervisor or Front Desk Manager of any missing or damaged items in the rooms.
- Reports to supervisor carpet or furniture that requires deep cleaning or to be shampooed. Corrects problems when necessary.
- Assists in inventories.
- Responsible for the use of the keys signed out and to turn in all assigned keys at the end of the shift.
- Handles guest requests in a timely manner.
- Has a friendly and polite attitude towards guests and coworkers.
- Must adhere to all St. Francis/Heritage and/or Housekeeping Policies and Procedures.
- Must be able to react to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned.
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately.
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others.
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly.
- Must be able to work under the stress of deadlines.
- Ability to work flexible shifts to include working days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must attend all mandatory meetings.
- Must perform all other job tasks and requirements asked by a supervisor.
- Follow all daily projects for rooms.
- Must perform all special projects assigned.
- Prolonged walking, standing, pushing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restrictions.
- Ability to work up to 40 hours a week, and overtime when required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must like to supervise staff.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must like to clean.
- Must be able to use a pager and a 2-way radio.
- Must be able to use office equipment including computers.
- Must be a team player.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum education is high school diploma.
- Minimum of 6 months experience as a Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Ability to communicate in English is helpful (bi-lingual).