House Person (Hotel St. Francis)
BASIC FUNCTION: The House Attendant is responsible to ensure that standards of cleanliness in assigned areas are achieved and maintained on a consistent basis to provide the highest level of guest satisfaction in cleanliness and service, within the established time limitations.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Housekeeping experience desirable.
- Neat, pleasant personality.
- Ability to work on feet for an extended period of time.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to read room numbers, dates and basic instructions.
- Maintain the cleanliness of assigned guests floors by high dusting of walls and vacuuming. Clean and polish guest and service elevator door tracks. Mark removal of hallway wallpaper. Dust and wash hallway lights. Wash hallway windows. Clean vending machine rooms.
- Assist Room Attendants with heavy lifting and trash removal.
- Ensure that linen closets are stocked with all guest room supplies and collateral.
- Maintain proper allotment of linens in linen closet.
- Responsible for removing trash and soiled linens from Room Attendants carts throughout the day.
- Responsible for cleanliness of linen closets in assigned areas, including sweeping and mopping.
- Clean emergency stairways, including sweeping and mopping and cleaning of light fixtures.
- Responsible care of equipment and machines.
- Constant awareness of safety hazards (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons) and report to Floor Supervisor or the Housekeeping Office. Follow all training procedures set forth in the “Bloodborne Pathogens Program”.
- Practice safety standards at all times.
- Remain alert, courteous and helpful to guests and co-workers at all times. MARGINAL FUNCTIONS:
- Perform other related duties as requested by supervisors.
- Make improvement recommendations to supervisors.
Pay: from $10.91/hour
Job Status: Full Time