Front Office Manager - St. Francis & Hotel Chimayo
Hotel St. Francis and Hotel Chimayo are seeking a talented, versatile Front Office Manager who will be responsible for overall front office operations, and ensuring service excellence for these two luxury boutique properties in Santa Fe.
The mission of these hotels and our parent company, Heritage Hotels & Resorts, is to help inform the public about local history and culture and to preserve the original community heritage for future generations.
Named for the patron saint of Santa Fe, NM, the historic Hotel St. Francis embodies the authentic spirit of old Santa Fe. The décor features handcrafted wood furniture by local artisans inspired by the Palace of the Governors and a palette of natural colors reflecting the days of Santa Fe's early Franciscan missionaries.
Hotel St. Francis, a Heritage Hotel & Resort property, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Just a block from Santa Fe’s historic Plaza, our hotel in Santa Fe offers guests a wide array of accommodations and amenities including an onsite restaurant and bar, indoor and outdoor patio seating and close to 1,000 square feet of meeting space. The finest among historic boutique hotels in Santa Fe has been magnificently restored and renovated.
Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe is one of Santa Fe, New Mexico's boutique hotels in the heart of downtown. The picturesque Santa Fe hotel in New Mexico is conveniently located half a block from the historic Santa Fe Plaza. Hotel Chimayo is a part of New Mexico history, as it celebrates the magical culture of Chimayo, a distinctive northern New Mexico town.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Four-year college degree preferred, preferably in the hospitality discipline.
- Two years experience in a similar resort or conference center.
- Two years of management experience in Front Office or Reservations.
- General computer proficiency.
- Pleasant phone demeanor.
- Advanced knowledge of Front Office computer systems, including the ability to solve system related problems.
- Strong customer service and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain focus and self-direction in an active work environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritize work and communicate effectively.
Job Status: Full Time