Front Desk Manager - The Lodge at Santa Fe
Welcome to Heritage Hotels and Resorts! The Lodge at Santa Fe is looking to hire a Full-Time Front Desk Manager in Santa Fe, NM
Essential Functions: The Front Desk Leader is responsible for first and last impressions that a guest has of the hotel, so it's your job to ensure it's a good one. Top of the list of responsibilities is to make sure your receptionists on the front desk are well-trained, friendly and offer a warm welcome and speedy, efficient check-in and check-out service for guests.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the training of all Front Office Team Members and motivate them to perform their jobs effectively.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Front Office is in compliance with all systems, control policies and procedures.
- Monitor and control payroll and other expenses including damaged vehicles.
- Development and monitoring of the Front Office budget.
- Responsible for the overall implementation of the Manager on Duty program in conjunction with the Resident Manager and Director of Rooms.
- Assume Manager on Duty shifts and assign shifts to Assistant Front Office Managers.
- Develop and maintain open lines of communication within the department and with other departments within the property.
- Resolve guest problems expediently and in a professional manner.
- Ensure exceptional guest service is delivered at the front desk, concierge and guest services.
- Conduct monthly Front Office meetings.
- Schedule staff to reflect daily occupancy and make sure schedule is concurrent with the arrival and departure pattern.
- Attend required meetings as a representative of the Front Office.
- Attend property committee meetings, i.e. holiday, technology and safety.
- Handle disciplinary action, coaching and counseling sessions and related personnel issues.
- Ensure all group rooming lists are accurate and to coordinate any special group requests.
- Delegate work among the staff in an equitable manner.
Skills and Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Four-year college degree, preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Two years experience in a similar resort or conference center.
- Two years of management experience in Front Office or Reservations.
- General computer proficiency.
- Pleasant phone demeanor.
- Advanced knowledge of Front Office computer systems, including the ability to solve system related problems.
This is an Exempt-Level Position (Full-Time)
Heritage Hotels & Resorts is E-verify compliant
Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply within.
Pay: $40,000 to $50,000/year
Job Status: Full Time