Front Desk Agent (Hotel Saint Francis)
Do you like to meet people traveling here from all over the world? Would you like to be part of the exciting world of famous people, excited couples, business leaders, and happy families? Then a career in hospitality might be a great fit for you. Please read the description, and if it sounds like something you would love to do, please contact us.
1. Display good customer relation skills and take initiative to greet guests in a friendly manner.
2. Register and assign rooms to guests of the hotel without announcing room numbers. Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests, and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
3. Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests and shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions. Record guest comments or complaints, referring customers to managers as necessary.
4. Keep records of room availability and guests’ accounts. May make, confirm and cancel reservations for guests.
5. Compute bill, collect payment and make change for guests. May post charges such as room, food, liquor or telephone by hand or machine.
6. Transmit and receive messages using equipment such as telephone, fax, switchboard or computer.
7. Verify customers' credit, and establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation as stated in the SOP. Account for all cash and make deposits in accordance with hotel and company policies.
8. Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to management.
9. Ensure uniform and appearance is clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets.
10. If functioning in a Lead Capacity: (a) take responsibility for assigned employees in the absence of the Supervisor, (b) assign work and ensure proper performance of assigned employees.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Speak effectively- Talk to others to convey information effectively.
2. Active Listening - Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
3. Reading Comprehension – Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
4. Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
5. Communicate well with many different kinds of people. Service Orientation - Actively look for ways to help people.
6. Change easily and frequently from one activity to another such as from typing to searching in a directory, to using a telephone or computer.
7. Use eyes, hands, and fingers accurately while operating a phone system or computer keyboard. Mathematics - Use mathematics to solve problems.
8. Service Orientation — Actively looks for ways to help people.
Pay: $12 to $14/hour
Job Status: Full Time, Part Time