Engineering Tech - Eldorado Hotel & Spa
As an engineering tech here is what you will get to do:
* Assist with preventative maintenance and complete report work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, patching vinyl, etc., to maintain the hotel and keep the product quality standard.
* Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis (e.g., ""room care"").
* Assist in checking electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, television sets, lighting systems, and make minor repairs and/or replacement.
* Assist in checking and making routine repairs and assist on major repairs of all hotel equipment including small appliances, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment, boilers, pool equipment, HVAC, hand and power tools and general plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipe lines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
* Service the hotel's pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters; completing maintenance request forms and record logs.
* Maintain the building exterior and ""curb appeal"" (e.g., snow removal, lawn care, painting, gardening).
* Refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors windows and counters. Paint and finish furniture and fixtures if needed.
* Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures.
* Operation of heavy machinery.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* Vocational schooling, military training, certification and/or experience in building related trades required in 1 or more of the following areas: HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, and Carpentry.
* Hotel experience preferred.
* Climbing, reading, standing, walking and routinely lifting 25 lbs to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Must be able to receive instructions and communicate progress of work assignments.
* Must have the ability to communicate in English.
* We are committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as PTO, and Hotel Room Discount programs.
Pay: $13 to $15/hour
Depends on Experience
Job Status: Full Time