Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town delights travelers with a distinctive blend of historic grandeur and contemporary comfort. Our landmark hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Old Town, offering luxurious Albuquerque accommodations and amenities including our on-site restaurant and bars, an outdoor resort swimming pool, a romantic wedding chapel, and more than 62,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and event space.
BASIC FUNCTION: The Director of Security is responsible for the overall management of the Security Department, including guest service, scheduling of employees, and ensuring that the Security Officers enforce the policy and procedures established for the Security Department as well as for the property.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Previous law enforcement experience.
- Previous management experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work with guests to resolve complaints in a positive manner.
- Direct staff to perform their duties in accordance to Department Standards and meet and exceed guest expectations.
- Interview, hire and terminate employees, as well as develop employees for advancement and promotion.
- Will oversee incidents involving guests and employees.
- Provide guidance and direction for the Security Officers.
- Address complaints from guests in person.
- Review written reports and activity summaries of Security Officers for completeness and accuracy.
- Provide direction to assigned shift by assisting on calls for service.
- Evaluate Security Officers’ work performance.
- Provide General Manager with pertinent information regarding major incidents occurring during shift.
- Conduct periodic training exercises for security officers as needed or as deemed necessary by the General Manager.
- Act as MOD on an as-needed basis.