Director of Human Resources - Santa Fe, NM
Heritage Hotels & Resorts, Inc. offers guests an authentic Southwestern experience in New Mexico’s best tourist destinations. Each of our hotels and resorts in New Mexico celebrates the rich, multi-cultural heritage of the Southwestern United States, drawing from our unique blend of Native American, Mexican, Spanish and American Western cultural and historical influences. Through our architecture, interior design, original artwork, landscaping, entertainment, and cuisine, Heritage Hotels & Resorts provides guests with an authentic, cultural experience in Santa Fe, Albuquerque, Taos, and Las Cruces.
We are currently seeking a Director of Human Resources to support our Santa Fe collection of properties.
POSITION PURPOSE: The Director of Human Resources directs and coordinates all human resource activities, including: recruiting, employee benefits, performance management, compensation, employee relations, recognition, safety, and the creation and implementation of formalized training programs for all employees.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Human Resources Manager, Human Resources Coordinator
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Four-year college degree in a related field – or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years of Human Resource management experience; hospitality industry preferred.
- Administration and Management: Knowledge of financials, leadership, human resource practices, process improvement, and strategic planning.
- People Passion : Actively helps people, thrives working in a team, achieves results with strong work ethic.
- Visionary Leadership: Actively listens, identifies plan of action; communicates ideas clearly and inspires action.
- Personalized Service: Resolves issues with customer-focused orientation; multi-tasks with ease; strong interpersonal skills including keeping emotions under control; open to others’ ideas.
- Communication Skills: Well-spoken, personable, outgoing, listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; strong overall communication and presentation skills.
- Office Sensibility: Ability to manage records, accomplish tasks as directed; cash handling skills.
- Technology: Tech savvy with computers and software – including Microsoft Office and HRIS.
- As a member of the Executive Committee, assists senior management in the formulation of personnel policies.
- Direct employment activities, ensuring that qualified employees are recruited for the property. Ensure the selection and interviewing process is within guidelines set by the EEOC. Coordinate all employment activities for management candidates.
- Direct recruiting efforts by advertising in newspapers and other media, contracting local organizations, other community sources and academic and professional schools; establishing contact with key personnel throughout the industry; and utilizing other personal contracts.
- Manage property employee relations and ensure compliance with policies and all current state and federal labor laws.
- Develop programs, policies, procedures and controls and other personnel statistics.
- Coordinate health and benefit programs.
- Develop the wage and salary program, ensuring wages are competitive to other hotels in the area.
- Monitor and evaluate employee orientation program.
- Develop and implement formalized training programs for all personnel.
- Conduct research into other hotels’ Human Resource programs and activities and recommend changes and/or innovations where desirable.
- Maintain and update necessary personnel records and employees.
- Conduct management training and advise management of labor law issues. Ensure management is compliance with all current state and federal labor laws.
- Oversee preparation of reports required by government agencies, such as EEOC, Department of Labor, OSHA and similar compliance agencies.
- Monitor Workers’ Compensation programs, ensuring claims and reports are submitted in a timely basis.
- Supervise employee communication program; including publication of employee newsletter and job postings.
- Responsible for employee incentive related events and awards, recognition programs, planning of social functions, end of season parties and holiday events.
- Establish “Open Door Policy” with employees to ensure the atmosphere is one of management involvement.
- Continually assesses employee morale by analyzing absenteeism and turnover records and by conducting exit interviews.
Job Status: Full Time