The Corporate Financial Accountant has primary responsibility for the financial accounting operations of
the company in conjunction with the Corporate Treasury Manager and Regional Hotel Controllers. Such
responsibilities include coordinating production of monthly financial statements and periodic reports,
developing an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to
mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of reported financial results, produce financial statements in
compliance with accounting principles generally accepted in the United States (“GAAP”), and in
conjunction with the Chief Financial Officer and Corporate Treasury Manager, develop efficiency and
sustainable expertise in the Heritage Hotels accounting team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Directs the activities and establishes the financial reporting responsibilities of the Corporate Staff
• Ensures the protection of assets by establishing, training, monitoring, and enforcing internal
• Coordinates with Regional Controllers to conduct periodic audits at properties.
• Works with Regional Controllers to review monthly financial statements for all properties.
• Primary responsibility for timely financial reporting of investment entities.
• Partners with Corporate Treasury Manager to monitor and manage budgeting and forecasting.
• Promotes achievement of budget objectives by analyzing variances with the appropriate members
of the accounting team and recommending preventive/corrective actions.
• Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data;
recommend improvements through operating cost analysis; lead periodic cost reduction initiatives.
• Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Serve as liaison with the company’s contractual independent CPA firm in preparation of annual tax
returns for various entities.
As appropriate, partners with Chief Financial Officer, Corporate Treasury Manager and Regional
Controllers to provide accounting staff training and encourage professional development of team
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing
professional publications; establishing professional networks.
• Contribute to team effort by working with Chief Financial Officer and other members of Executive
• A proven track record which includes a minimum of 10 years of accounting experience, minimum
of 5 years of hotel accounting experience, and a bachelor degree in accounting.