Cook P/T - The Lodge
BASIC FUNCTION: The Cook will assist the Executive Chef on Duty in the daily production and fabrication of food products for cafeteria, banquet, Dining Room and Fine Dining Room.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- One year experience in heavy volume food production.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience/training.
- Meet governmental health requirements.
- Ability to operate kitchen power equipment.
- Ability to utilize cutting instruments.
- Ability to transport, handle and/or lift 40 lbs. (NOTE: kitchen equipment and food and non-food items).
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Communicating daily with the Chef on Duty for job assignments.
- Producing and fabricating food products daily for the cafeteria, banquet, Dining Room and Fine Dining Room.
- Maintaining a high level of sanitation and safety in the Kitchen prep areas.
- Possessing knowledge of all Kitchen hardware and their particular function for use in breakdown and cleaning.
- Dating all fabricated food items before storage.
- Utilize all trimmings, excess and unused portions of fabricated food items.
- Assisting the Chef on Duty on banquet and/or conference dining dish out for food service.
- Adhere to the policies of the Resort as set forth in the Employee Handbook and report any observed violations to Human Resources.
- Maintain the highest level of employee/guest relations.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all Departments.
- Ability to work any assigned shift/work schedule.
- Any other task, written or verbal, assigned by Management.
Pay: $11.50 to $13/hour
Hourly rate of pay is based on experience
Job Status: Part Time