Cook F/T - P/T
El Monte Sagrado means "The Holy Mountain." The word "Sagrado" also means "sanctuary." Indeed, a stay at El Monte Sagrado Living Resort and Spa offers a luxurious and lush retreat from a hectic world.
El Monte Sagrado hotel is a shining star in the Heritage Hotels & Resorts, Inc. constellation of hotels and resorts. Heritage Hotels & Resorts embodies the best that New Mexico has to offer: a timeless, rich blend of cultures. Native American, Mexican, Spanish, and the cultures of the American West are celebrated in beautiful spaces, alongside the indomitable spirit of the peoples, past and present, who have shaped our landscapes.
The uniqueness of Heritage Hotels & Resorts' properties is its insistence on making a bold statement of authenticity in a pre-fab world. We pride ourselves on our embrace of tradition while promoting innovation. Our industry craftsmanship and commitment to supporting a healthy, holistic environment in which the beauty of properties such as El Monte Sagrado serves as a bridge to understanding and supporting a rich heritage, benefits all involved -- our company, our teams and our guests.
El Monte Sagrado, one of two Heritage Hotels & Resorts spaces in Taos, is a trailblazer in the area of eco-resorts, both in development and sustainability.
Cooks - F/T & P/T - are needed for holidays, weekends and various hours throughout the week.
BASIC FUNCTION: The Cook will assist the Executive Chef on Duty in the daily production and fabrication of food products for cafeteria, banquet, Dining Room and Fine Dining Room.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- One year experience in heavy volume food production.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience/training.
- Meet governmental health requirements.
- Ability to operate kitchen power equipment.
- Ability to utilize cutting instruments.
- Ability to transport, handle and/or lift 40 lbs. (NOTE: kitchen equipment and food and non-food items).
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Communicating daily with the Chef on Duty for job assignments.
- Producing and fabricating food products daily for the cafeteria, banquet, Dining Room and Fine Dining Room.
- Maintaining a high level of sanitation and safety in the Kitchen prep areas.
- Possessing knowledge of all Kitchen hardware and their particular function for use in breakdown and cleaning.
- Dating all fabricated food items before storage.
- Utilize all trimmings, excess and unused portions of fabricated food items.
- Assisting the Chef on Duty on banquet and/or conference dining dish out for food service.
- Adhere to the policies of the Resort as set forth in the Employee Handbook and report any observed violations to Human Resources.
- Maintain the highest level of employee/guest relations.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all Departments.
- Ability to work any assigned shift/work schedule.
- Any other task, written or verbal, assigned by Management.
Please apply in person at El Monte Sagrado at 317 Kit Carson Road or online at jobs.hhandr.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Job Status: Full Time, Part Time