Conference Services Manager - Inn & Spa at Loretto
BASIC FUNCTION: Plans, coordinates and ensures execution of all Conference group related activities and events. The Conference Services Manager will act as the primary liaison between the client and the staff of the property while focusing on the client’s expectations. Is a role model of and holds employees accountable to our Mission, Core Values, First Priorities, Policies and Procedures.
WORK SCHEDULE: Schedule varies based on client needs and business demands.
QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or equivalent; minimum 2 years experience in hotel, convention/conference center, preferable in conference services department; knowledge of conference service equipment, set-up styles, and audio-visual; excellent computer software knowledge of Microsoft Office and Delphi (preferred); excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent organization skills.
- Plans and ensures execution of group event to include but not limited to dates/timing of arrival and departure, VIP arrangements, Food and Beverage services, room set-ups, diagrams, audio visual/production needs, rooming lists, special needs, special events, on/off-site entertainment, transportation.
- Knowledgeable of the property’s accommodations, meeting facilities and support services.
- Promote the use of the property’s ancillary services (i.e. banquets, cocktail receptions and theme parties) in fulfilling the general, unique or special objectives of the clients and generally promoting the property as the facility best suited to meet their needs and requirements.
- Promote the property in arranging and conducting site visits by key personnel of assigned accounts for the purpose of planning, organization and coordinating of all meeting needs and requirements
- Follow proper channels when seeking authorization for special rates, concessions, discounts, etc.,
- Ensures group billing is accurate.
- Review distribution of in-house reports to ensure consistency and completeness of information.
- Attend designated meetings.
- Communicates effectively verbally and in writing with clients in timely manner.
- Communicates effectively verbally and in writing all details of events to appropriate personnel in timely manner.
- Enhances group events and department profitability by using up-selling techniques.
- Communicates frequently with group contact and attendees to ensure expectations are met or exceeded.
- Coordinates vendors, obtains quotes, client contracts etc.
- Takes a proactive approach toward client satisfaction and communication.
- Proactively communicates with appropriate management regarding all client evaluations rated fair or poor.
- Performs some administrative to include distribution of event orders, reports, filing, etc.
- Follow grooming standards maintaining a professional image in dress and mannerisms
MARGINAL FUNCTIONS: Perform other job functions as necessary to ensure property and company goals and guest expectations are exceeded.
Job Status: Full Time