Cocktail Server (Hotel St. Francis)
BASIC FUNCTION: The primary function of the Lounge Server is the service of food, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to guests in the Lounge
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Meet all governmental regulations dealing with the sale of alcoholic beverages.
- Must be of legal age to sell/serve alcohol and become Alcohol Server Certified in the State of New Mexico.
- Meet governmental health requirements.
- Ability to transport, handle and/or lift 30 lbs. (NOTE: The transporting, moving, and/or lifting of food, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages).
- High school diploma or equivalent experience/training.
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Interact well with others.
- Service oriented.
- Comprehensive food, liquor, beer, wine and mixology knowledge.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Pleasant and helpful personality.
- Ability to effectively identify and manage constantly shifting priorities
- Ability to multi-task
- Serving food, alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages in an efficient, courteous and professional manner.
- Relaying any customer complaints to the F&B manager on duty.
- Serving alcohol only to those who are of legal age and who are not intoxicated.
- Stocking the Lounge with necessary items to conduct clean and efficient service.
- Setting up private events and assisting the Bartender when necessary.
- Keeping the Lounge, kitchen and function areas clean and in proper order.
- Cleaning the service station and keeping it neat at all times.
- Responsible for learning suggestive selling techniques and using them during services.
- Adhere to the policies of the Hotel as set forth in the Employee Handbook and report any observed violations to immediate supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Ability to work any assigned shift/work schedule.
- Attendance and service of special events, holiday brunches and restaurant buyouts.
12.. Maintain the highest level of employee/guest relations.
- Responsible for cash handling and bank procedures as outlined by the Accounting Department.
- Familiarization with all property amenities, services and services in proximity to the Lounge.
- Attend any and all mandatory F&B training sessions or meetings deemed necessary by direct reports.
- Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Greet guests as they enter restaurant or lounge and acknowledge their departure.
- Assist in other Food and Beverage departments as needed.
Pay: from $4.45/hour
Job Status: Full Time, Part Time