El Monte Sagrado means "The Holy Mountain." The word "Sagrado" also means "sanctuary." Indeed, a stay at El Monte Sagrado Living Resort and Spa offers a luxurious and lush retreat from a hectic world.
El Monte Sagrado hotel is a shining star in the Heritage Hotels & Resorts, Inc. constellation of hotels and resorts. Heritage Hotels & Resorts embodies the best that New Mexico has to offer: a timeless, rich blend of cultures. Native American, Mexican, Spanish, and the cultures of the American West are celebrated in beautiful spaces, alongside the indomitable spirit of the peoples, past and present, who have shaped our landscapes.
The uniqueness of Heritage Hotels & Resorts' properties is its insistence on making a bold statement of authenticity in a pre-fab world. We pride ourselves on our embrace of tradition while promoting innovation. Our industry craftsmanship and commitment to supporting a healthy, holistic environment in which the beauty of properties such as El Monte Sagrado serves as a bridge to understanding and supporting a rich heritage, benefits all involved -- our company, our teams and our guests.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Five years bartending experience.
- One year fine dining or high-end resort experience.
- Extensive liquor, beer, wine and mixology knowledge.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Pleasant and helpful personality.
- v Ability to effectively identify and manage constantly shifting priorities.
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be legal age to sell/serve Alcohol and become Alcohol Certified in the State of New MexicoESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Compose and be knowledgeable of standard drinks, liquors or wines specific to restaurant bar.
- Maintain par levels for bar inventory. Prepare daily orders for bar items to maintain pars.
- Responsible for cash handling and bank procedures as outlined by the Accounting Department.
- Assist in inventory of beverage and supplies on a daily, weekly or monthly basis or as deemed necessary by the Director of Restaurants, Bar Manager or Assistant Restaurant Manager.
- Responsible for learning suggestive selling techniques and using them during services.
- Maintain cleanliness of all workplace areas that apply to the bar and lounge.
- Maintain perfectly crisp uniform.
- Adhere to the policies of the Hotel and Outlets as set forth in the Employee Handbook and report any observed violations to immediate supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Attend any and all mandatory F&B training sessions or meetings deemed necessary by direct reports.
- Attendance and service of special events, holiday brunches and restaurant buyouts.
- Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Greet guests as they enter restaurant or lounge and acknowledge their departure.
- Deliver cocktails to tables as needed.
- Assist in other Food and Beverage departments as needed.
Requirements; Alcohol server card and Food handler card are required
Apply online at Jobs.handr.com; applications are also accepted in person at our sister property Inn & Spa at Loretto, 211 Old Santa Fe Trail, Santa Fe New Mexico.
EOE/Drug Free Workplace
Job Status: Part Time