Assistant Chief Engineer - Eldorado Hotel and Spa
The Assistant Chief Engineer is responsible for all aspects of the Engineering department to include the proper operation, maintenance and repair of all heating, ventilation, refrigeration and mechanical equipment. He/she will develop, coordinate and monitor a rooms' maintenance program to ensure the safety and comfort of all staff and guests. Supervise, train and manage all Engineering staff.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Inspects and monitors buildings, equipment and grounds to determine maintenance and preventive maintenance requirements.
* Develops work procedures and assigns personnel to give the best services and productivity.
* Prepares and submits cost estimates and repair options including, suggestions as to feasibility, logical solution and actual needs of a departmental maintenance request.
* Confers with the appropriate personnel regarding maintenance budgeting, long range planning and capital expenditures.
* Contacts contractors or craftsmen for bid proposals or estimates.
* Contacts vendors, suppliers and equipment technical support departments to insure best prices, quality and warranties for purchases made.
* Receives approved work orders.
* Determines job priority and insures completion of required work in an acceptable and professional manner.
* Requisitions materials, supplies, and equipment.
* Maintains control over storage and use.
* Supervises use of maintenance department space, equipment and materials.
* Keeps records of work accomplished, operating statistics, R&M costs, utilities and preventative maintenance.
* Maintains a secure building as it pertains to lock and key control.
* Conducts fire safety training; oversees fire emergency until fire department arrives.
* Coordinates and conducts periodic fire drills.
* Conducts monthly fire and safety inspections along with representative of the Executive Committee.
* Conducts regular walk through of the hotel looking for any repairs that are needed.
* Insures that all staff members are properly trained.
* Performs activities of workers supervised, when necessary.
* Insures that all preventive maintenance programs are followed and modified, as necessary.
* Insures that periodic tests are performed on Fire Alarm/Life Safety System.
* Insures that hotel is operating as efficiently as possible with regards to the energy and utilities usage in the hotel and on the grounds.
* Assists in handling emergencies in order to protect our guest and associates, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency. Must act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the building to its normal operating status.
* Responsible for knowing and abiding by all department, and hotel policies and procedures.
Job Status: Full Time