Administrative Assistant - Sales & Catering Department
Assist the Sales & Catering Teams in the administrative functions required for effective hotel sales and management.
*Act as Liaison between Sales Manager(s) and clients in Sales Manager's absence. Take booking inquiry information via phone and prepare proper paperwork.
* Uses various computer word processing and other software packages to enter data, produce contracts, correspondence, forms, memorandum and other documents.
* Answer telephone and respond to caller inquiries speaking in a clear and pleasant manner. Exercise decision making skills to direct caller's request. Accurately record messages for staff and distribute the written messages to the staff members in a timely manner.
* Distribute documents to appropriate persons and locations to ensure prompt processing of time sensitive information by hotel and supplier staff. Transport documents weighing up to 10 pounds to offices, mailrooms and other locations throughout the hotel building. Retrieve documents from and place documents into proper receptacles located up to 6 feet high, such as mailboxes, file cabinets, etc.
* Handle individual reservations for VIP clients. Ensure that all arrangements, including upgrades, are handled properly, coordinating with other departments through oral and written instruction.
* Organize, file and retrieve documents in appropriate binders in order to maintain essential records used in the department operation.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis - some evenings and weekends required
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* Hotel experience preferred.
* High School Diploma, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
* Basic administrative knowledge such as business letters, formats and telephone etiquette.
* Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
* Ability to access and accurately input information into a computer using Microsoft Office Suite.
* Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
* Ability to stand and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Ability to set-up and maintain filing systems.
* Command of the English language both written and verbal.
* Delphi Experience desired
Pay: $12 to $13.50/hour
Depends on Experience
Job Status: Full Time